When it comes to various woodworks at home or creating small to moderate, and even some major changes to the interior of the place; there is nothing better than a table saw. It is fast, powerful, easy to use and is quite portable in most cases. The price is also pretty decent for most products and you can rely on professional grade woodwork. However, it is not easy to find the best table saw for the money. Thus, I have created a list of the best table saw under $500.
I have listed some of the best portable table saw and best home table saw ideal for general domestic work and uses.
7 Best Table Saws under $500
Best Table Saws under $500
Let us dive into the list of Top Table Saws under $500.
1. Dewalt DWE7490X
DEWALT is among the leading table saw makers in the market. Their superior quality products have already created a fan base for this brand. The Dewalt DWE7490X is perfect for those who love to have a powerful yet portable tool for all the wood cutting works. This table saw works like a charm and can be used for precision works. It has a scissor stand that folds into a portable size. This makes it perfect for job site works. The sawdust collection unit makes the use of this saw amply clean. In terms of safety, care has been taken to keep the blade guarded enough so that accidents do not happen.
You get Site-Pro modular guarding system that allows easy adjustment of the guard so that you can manage it without the needing of a specialized tool to do the job. The product has a pretty good and powerful motor of 15 Amp that allows cutting of almost all types of wood. It can cut at 90 degrees offering 3 1/8 inch depth of cut and at 45 degrees offering 2 1/4 inch depth while cutting. The price has been kept at a decent range making it one of the best tables saw under $500.
- 10” HD 15A table saw
- Rip capacity of 28” allows cutting of larger shelving and to trim various materials
- 24 teeth per inch (TPI) carbide blade
- 120V, 15 Amp high torque machine
- A powerful portable table saw that can be used for both domestic and professional purposes.
- 15 Amp high torque motor allows both cuttings of various types of woods including hardwoods and pressure treated lumbers, as well as trimming and making narrow rip cuts.
- Easy to use functionality ensures that any person can use the saw with ease.
- Availability of foldable stand makes it easy to use for off-site jobs.
- Saw dust collection unit makes it easier to clean up after job.
- The fence locking system is made up of plastic and gets worn off after some use. A small tip, it is better to change it with some rubber material or coat the plastic with rubber type material to prevent it from wearing off or breaking.
- The product is made in China, which might be a downturn for some buyers.
DEWALT is a known and trusted brand in the world of industrial machines. DWE7490X is a definitely among the best budget table saw from the brand. It has got a few downturns, but nothing major to keep it off this list.
2. Powermatic PM-TJ Tenoning Jig
When you will have this one in your hand, you will certainly feel like saying, Powermatic has done everything right this time around. Well, Powermatic has been known to provide some pretty decent industrial tools in the past, but the Powermatic PM-TJ Tenoning Jig really stands out in terms of features and price. The Tenoning Jig comes as a heavy machine that has been built to last and performs the job well. The position of the handle is conveniently placed making it easy to operate. You will also find that all the screws are made of stainless steel and every part is well oiled.
Unless you are really careless while using this product and does not spend any time on maintenance, it’s a tough nut to crack and can take up a pretty heavy job. There was one issue with the clamp locking lever bar, though. It’s not as large as it should be to hold the large size wood blocks in place. It sure swings and allows variable sized blocks to be fitted, but you might have to improvise to keep the block from slipping. However, the clamp pad has great quality rubber.
- Chisel used to configure measurement setup
- Handles located conveniently away from the blade
- Magnified angle indicator on work stop
- Adjustable clamp and stop
- Entire product can be assembled with ease, even a metric hex key wrench set is included.
- The handle position is placed conveniently so that accidents do not happen.
- The adjustable clamp swings to ensure blocks of different size can fit in.
- The product is strong, durable and hardy, and can easily work on stock almost up to 3 inches thick.
- It is priced at the really affordable range and can be bought by those who are looking for the best table saw under $300
- The adjustable clamp isn’t really as big as it should have been.
- The magnified angle is a bit off in some models and you cannot solely rely on it for measurements.
3. Dewalt DWE7480
DEWALT is, here again, another great table saw you should check out for yourself. At a really amazing price, the Dewalt DWE7480 is definitely in the category of the best compact table saw, which is easy to use and highly portable. The table saw has rack and pinion telescoping fence rails. Adjustment of the rails is no major deal and can be done by any person with some basic knowledge and understanding. The adjustments are accurate too and you get to use this to trim or cut shelving materials of larger size with ease.
The 15 Amp, 4800 RPM motor does a decent job and keeps it clean and simple. The 24 ½ inch rip makes cutting through materials a breeze and allows it to be used for a wide array of applications. Blade adjustment can also be made between 0º and 45º for creating bevel like cuts. The Site-Pro Modular Guarding System allows you to make necessary adjustments to the guarding without having to rely on any toolkit. Click here to know more about it. The riving knife takes care of the safety issue pretty much.
You get a saw dust collection unit as well which will reduce the cleaning job considerably after the work is done. It has got a metal roll cage base that is way better than the plastic ones and certainly much more durable. If you are looking for the best home table saw, this might just be your product (depending upon the home usage you are planning). As per Amazon buyers, this is also the best rated table saw you are going to find on this list.
- 120V, 15 Amp high durable motor
- 4800 RPM without load
- 10 inches diameter of blade
- 90 degree cut depth of 3 1/8 inches and 45 degree cut depth of 2 ¼ inches
- Max rip of 25 inches on right and 12 inches on left of blade
- The weight of tool is 48 pounds
- It is highly versatile and can be used on job site and taken off job site as and when needed due to the compact size and considerably light weight.
- The guarding rail can be adjusted without any toolkit, thanks to the Site-Pro Modular Guarding System
Saw dust collection unit at the base makes the cleaning job much easier.
- Extremely affordable and comes at a great price that will allow any general DIY enthusiast or small time professionals keep this for regular use.
- The product does not come with any stand, and so you will have to get the stand separately.
- The in-feed is not suitable for too large pieces, at 4.5” it is not enough to support the longer pieces as they can cause snipe or kickback.
Dewalt DWE7480 is a great product is you are not planning on using it for very large pieces of woods or even feather boards. The product is decently priced and extremely compact, lightweight and portable.
4. Delta Power Tools 36-6020
Are you a new user who is looking for a simple table saw that is also portable?
You have landed across one of the best products there is in the market. The Delta Power Tools 36-6020 is a 10-inch portable table saw that comes with a stand that has rollers! I can bet, taking a table saw around couldn’t have been easier or simpler. As of the table saw, it has got everything you will need right on the table itself. There is a cabinet that holds the guard and fence and you will never forget about them while moving the saw.
The power cord can be folded neatly at the back side of the saw and the saw blade itself retracts to the bottom of the table making it easy for you to clean the top off. The table top is made of aluminum and is pretty smart and clean. As far as usability goes, this 120V machine does a pretty decent job for almost all home based projects. The maximum rip size on the right side of the blade is 30 inches.
This is perfect for those projects where you will need the larger rip cuts. Once done with the work, you can easily fold the entire arrangement and stroll it away to a safe storage place. The entire unit of this table saw becomes a compact structure with minimal space requirement, thus the portability. It is also priced pretty low, and at a decent rate as compared to other table saws that come with a stand.
- RH table extension and aluminum table top
- Fence storage unit attached to the board
- Rip capacity on the right side of the saw blade is 30 inches
- Stand attached with saw
- Easy to use and does not require much prior knowledge about using the electric saw.
- The model includes standing with the wheel that allows easy storage, usage, and portability.
- Easy to access ON/OFF switch.
- Saw retracts below table top level and allows easy cleaning.
- There is an issue with the fence drifting. You would have to secure it if that happens with your saw as well.
- The measurements on the guide bar cannot be claimed to be perfect and it’s better to keep a scale handy.
The Delta Power Tools 36-6020 is great for those who are looking for something affordable, simple to use and convenient to pack and store away. It is perfect for the first time users and a decent tool to handle pretty much every home-based work.
5. Dewalt DW745
The Dewalt DW745 compact table saw is perfect for those who wish to get most of the works done at home itself. Are you one of those who loves following the DIY videos? If your answer to most of the above questions is in affirmative, check out the DEWALT DW745 today. The DW745 is a compact table saw and perfect for the on-site job. It can be packed in a convenient size; making it absolutely portable.
The fitting with the table can be done with ease and thus you can take it on-site of your job or bring it back off-site once the job is done. The 45 pounds table saw will not even feel much in terms of weight when you travel with it. As is with every DEWALT table saw, the Site-Pro Modular Guarding System does not need any toolkit for fitting or adjustment. This unique model makes using the saw even easier.
- 120V, 15 Amp & 1850 Watt powerful motor
- Rip capacity of 20 inches
- 10 inch 24 teeth carbide blade
- Site-Pro Modular Guard System for tool free fitting
- Overload protection
- Extremely portable and lightweight; can be easily taken on site and off site without any trouble.
- Site-Pro Modular Guarding System makes it easy to set up the guard without the need of any tool and protects the hand fingers as well.
- Price is well within the limit of most users.
- It is perfect for regular domestic needs and fairly moderate professional need as well.
- The sawdust collection unit makes it easy to clean off after job.
- 20 inches of rip capacity does a decent job and helps in making moderately sized items.
- The product does not come with a stand and it has to be bought separately.
- In recent models, DEWALT has replaced the top metal part with plastic. It’s yet to be seen, but this might reduce the life of the top part and reduce accuracy.
The DEWALT DW745 is a great table saw for a budget price. It can be used extensively for most household DIY projects. The 20-inch rip capacity should be able to hold most major sizes. It is definitely a great buy if you are not planning on opening a mega sized professional wood crafting store.
6. Bosch GTS1031
Bosch is a trusted name and well-known brand in the world of power tools and industrial instruments. It is no wonder that they have a great portable job site table saw in their range of products as well. The Bosch GTS1031 is one of the sturdiest jobsite portable table saws available in the market. It is completely made up of steel and designed to take on the abuses of the jobsite. The Smart Guard System modular blade along with the SquareLock rip fence offers complete control over the setting and superior precision while making large cuts as well. Additionally, the riving knives and Rawls make it easier to control the piece being cut without causing any danger to the hand or fingers.
- 10-inch blade diameter
- 5000 RPM without load
- 127 V, 1700 Watt motor with ~2.3 Horsepower
- Miter gauge, smart guard, rip fence and wrenches stored in the cabinet below the table
- Complete steel structure prevents this from damages due to onsite job abuse.
- The precision is pretty high and you can control the cut with ease.
- The price is at a decent low range and the saw can be used for a wide range of applications.
- Safety has been taken into consideration and you can use the hand to control the wood piece without risking your hand or finger.
- The blade is not too thick and can make sharp cuts a little difficult.
- This one does not come with any stand and you will have to buy a stand for the product.
Bosch GTS1031 is good but if you are expecting to use this at places where the less sturdy ones might not survive. It is for extensive onsite usage. And, it comes at a great price too. But, you will have to get a stand for this and also changing the blade might be helpful.
7. Skilsaw SPT70WT-01
SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 has a brass geared Worm Drive. It ensures that you get the most torque out of it and you get a clean cut every single time. The table saw unit weighs just at 49 pounds. This makes it one of the lightest best tables saw under $500 in our list. In terms of performance, this SKILSAW model is among the best that you will come across in the segment of the best portable table saw. It has got dual copper windings and the motor functions rather coolly. The Worm Drive offers massive power with an RPM of 5300 at zero-load.
In terms of durability, the SKILSAW once again triumphs over most. It has got highly durable metal parts, including the brass geared worm drive and the double winded copper motor that is built exclusively keeping in mind the requirement of a saw. It is quite clear that even with the basic table saw the safety was kept in mind. There is an anti-kickback mechanism in place and the guard system and self-aligning fence make it really safe for the user preventing any major accident in most cases.
- 15 Amp Dual Field high torque crass geared Worm Drive motor
- 25 inches of rip capacity with 3 ½ inches depth
- 24 teeth carbide tipped blade from SKILSAW
- Bevel adjustment from -1 degree to 46 degree
- Zero-load RPM of 5300
- Extremely portable and compact design that makes it easy to carry around.
- Cool motor function prevents overheating.
- High-security features ensure safe usage.
- Extremely affordable and one of the best products in the category.
- This one is not meant for a beginner and will need someone who knows what he/she is doing.
It is one of the best tables saw that there is in the market. Both in terms of durability and price, this is one of the best choices. If you are a professional and need to do the onsite job, you will love it.
Things to Consider before buying Table Saw:
While this list of the best table saw under $500 will be your best guide while checking for the best budget table saw, there are a few points that you need to know in order to make an educated decision while making the final selection. So, what should you be looking for? Here’s a short checklist.
- Motor horsepower: This is an essential point to consider as this data will help you understand the capacity of the table saw and determine if it is fit for your purpose. A higher horsepower means you can put it to use to cut harder wood.
- Safety: Keep it in your mind that this is an extremely dangerous tool if handed without proper care. It is important to have proper safety precautions taken to ensure the safety of the user. There has been much-advanced safety feature included in recent times, but the more advanced features are not available even with the best budget table saw. Thus, it is important to have the basic security features in place that will hold up and save any major accident. Features like guard rails and covers are important to save the fingers while working.
- Size or space: The size of the saw matters. There are all types of table saws available. If you are planning on using it at any place and wish to carry it to the place of your job, you should look for the best portable table saw. These are generally compact and small in size and do not take up much space. However, most of these will not come with any table fitting and you will have to get a table or stand separately in order to do your job.
- Price: Price is an important factor. Depending upon your need and requirements, as well as the budget, you will have to determine which product best suits you. In the following list, you will also find the best table saw under $300. However, do not base your judgment entirely on the price. Other factors are equally, if not more, important.
If you’ve reached till here…
…I can guarantee you liked this article and might even buy a table saw that I’ve listed above under $500.
If you have any questions regarding any of the products, you can leave a comment below.
Liked the article?
Please do consider sharing it on social media sites like Google+, Facebook, and Twitter as well.
Thanks a lot! Have a great day ahead!