As a gamer I love every accessory I buy to enhance my gaming experience.
There is probably nothing better than getting a keyboard that will function at our will.
The fraction of a second difference in response time can help us win a game or lose one. As a gamer, we all know that feeling, right?
So, what prevents us from getting the most awesome keyboard out there on display? Well, of course, the price tag.
I am an avid gamer and being one, I can assure you, there are many products that perform brilliantly, but will not cost a fortune. Even though the choice is tough, I have prepared a list of 10 best mechanical keyboards under $100.
Let’s check them out!
10 Best Mechanical Keyboard under $100
This one is a no-fuss keyboard. It comes with the eSPORTS certified blue switch that actuated faster and gives a tactical response.
It is one of the high-quality mechanical keys available in the market. The keys have 5 years warranty associated with them.
The anti-ghosting rollover feature is available for 6 to 8 keys and is good enough for a good gaming experience. There is hardly any combo that you are going to miss.
You can control the multimedia and screen brightness functions using the “Fn” + “F1 – F12” keys. There are no dedicated keys available for this one. They keyboard has the full backlit feature as well.
- eSPORTS certified blue mechanical keys for high-grade performance
- 6 to 8 rollover anti-ghosting feature for registering multiple keystrokes at once
- Full backlit function
- Disable function available for Windows key
- 5 year warranty ensures that you get the keyboard repaired for free up to 5 years in case of any malfunctioning
- There are no dedicated multimedia function control keys present
- It is quite high priced considering the features available
"This one is a good buy if you have the budget and wish to get a basic gaming keyboard that you will probably use for typing as well. It is quite sturdy and has got long life. The 5 years warranty will take care of issues arising out of long usage."
Have you been searching for a cool looking mechanical gaming keyboard within a small budget?
Well, this one might just peak your interest. The TOMOKO LED backlit mechanical keyboard comes with blue switches (Gaote switches) that have a distinct click sound when pressed, are tactile, responsive and sensitive.
The keyboard features N-key rollover switching and a full 104 key set. Thus, you can easily use those crazy combos with ease.
Each key can endure about 50 million keystrokes. Other specifications include 60 +/- 15g key force and 4.0 +/- 0.2mm stroke travel.
There are no dedicated multimedia keys present, but you can control the multimedia and other shortcut functions using the “Fn” + “F1 – F12” combo.
- Gaote blue switches for professional performance
- Built of ABS and metal for longer life
- Splash-proof design with holes for drainage
- High-quality keys with 100% anti-ghosting technology
- LED Backlit at cheap price
- There is no dedicated multimedia control key present
"For a starter range and low range backlit mechanical keyboard, this is a great product. You can certainly keep it in your shortlist before you make the final decision."
This is one of the most heavily features loaded gaming keyboards available under $100 price tag.
It uses Cherry MX Blue (Red LED) key switches that are known for durability and high performance.
These keys have short 2mm actuation and can endure up to 50 million keystrokes. They offer fine tactile feedback, and you get to listen to that satisfying click sound after every keystroke.
The keyboard features full N-Key rollover and 100% anti-ghosting technology. Every keystroke is registered, and you can perform crazy combos as well as multiple functions at once.
You can program the backlighting of each key, and there is provision to store up to 3 profiles including macro, key and lighting configuration, on the keyboard itself.
Hence wherever you go, you can take your keyboard and enjoy gaming in your preferred configuration. [Check it's review]
This keyboard comes with dedicated macro control and mode selection for easy access to the various functions.
There are 6 extra macro keys and offers on-the-fly macro recording. Dedicated media control keys make it easy to control the sound and playback from the keyboard.
The LED volume level display allows checking the volume level without having to bring up the taskbar. You get the Windows key lock notification light, the backlight toggle, and inbuilt timer.
G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R is made of military grade aluminum back plate that offers superior life. It has a soft wrist rest for prolonged typing or gaming.
The key rows are contoured to that you can easily type without errors. The USB pass through along with audio line-out and mic-in jacks are handy when you are using a large screen while gaming.
The mouse cable holder will come in handy if your mouse cable keeps getting in the way of your typing or gaming.
You can easily configure every key and preset function using the G.SKILL unified driver system.
- Unlimited customization option with option to store up to three profiles on the keyboard
- Cherry MX Blue mechanical key offers superior performance
- Dedicated macro control and media control keys for easier access to important functions
- Backlight LED with different programmable functions
- N-Key rollover with 100% anti-ghosting technology
- Military grade aluminum base for longevity
- Additional comfort features like soft touch wrist rest, contoured key placement, mouse cable holder, USB and audio in/out jack pass through
- For the price, it is expected that the mechanical key will be better than what has been provided
"This is one product for made for serious gamers. There is enough customization option to allow you to make the keyboard function as per your preference and it is one product that is stacked with features."
The Redragon K555 INDRAH is another one of the cheapest backlit mechanical keyboards. It has got custom made mechanical switches to premium gaming performance.
As per the official claim, the performance of the mechanical switches is at par with the Cherry Green. The keys have been designed keeping in mind the durability, responsiveness, and longevity.
The keys offer medium resistance, and the distinct audible click makes sure that you know always when the keys are pressed.
Redragon K555 Indrah has complete 104 conflict free keys and has a splash-proof design.
It has been made for quite hardcore gaming. The gold plated USB connector, aluminum, and ABS construction and mechanical keys mounted on the plate make it one of the sturdiest keyboards in the price range.
There aren't many frills attached with the keyboard. The dedicated multimedia keys help gamers control the volume without much issue in between gaming.
The price is a decent range, and the product itself is quite sturdily built with good performance.
- Customized full set of 104 mechanical keys that function independently without conflict
- LED backlight with 7 colors and 6 adjustable modes
- Aluminum and ABS construction along with mechanical keys mounted on plate and gold plated USB connector ensures that the keyboard is meant for rough gaming
- Splash-proof design makes sure that your keyboard remains safe even if you accidentally spills liquid on it
- Low priced high-performance product
- There are two versions of the INDRAH and the RGB is a better one, but the similar name creates confusion
"This is a decently good and high performing mechanical keyboard that you can get if you are a beginner gamer. It will hold good for some hardcore gamers as well, but there aren't too many extra functions available."
Those searching for the best mechanical keyboard under $75; this is one of the top contenders.
The Patriot Viper V730 with 100% mechanical Kuehl Brown switches offers superior typing accuracy, and you get to enjoy the perfect response every single time.
The 104 key rollover anti-ghosting mechanisms make it even better. Dedicated multimedia keys make it easy to control the volume even while you are gaming, without accidentally causing a different action within the game.
The LED backlight comes with 5 different lighting profiles, and 6 LED light effect modes to make it one of the coolest backlights enables keyboards in the market.
Moreover, the body is made of aircraft grade aluminum that makes it even more sturdy and durable. Hence you need not worry about using it roughly while gaming anymore.
- 100% mechanical Kuehl Brown switches are among the best in business
- 104 key rollover anti-ghosting does not let any keystroke go unnoticed and perform the craziest combo in the game
- Aircraft grade aluminum body makes it one of the most durable keyboards in the market
- Backlight LED comes with 5 different lighting profiles and 6 different LED lighting modes
- Low priced and one of the best in the below $75 category
- In case the keyboard is effective, the return policy of Patriot is not the one any customer will appreciate since you will have to pay for shipping
"This is a great mechanical gaming keyboard in the under $75 category. Unless you are a heavy gamer who likes to have loads of features on the keyboard, this is a decent choice and should make you happy."
When it comes to the mechanical keyboard for gaming, it is hard to look past the range of Corsair. Hence here we are, checking out yet another spectacular under $50 mechanical keyboard.
Yes, you read that right. This one is one of the cheapest and best mechanical keyboards you will lay your hands upon.
The three zone lighting makes it look vivid and attractive, and you get 10+ preconfigured lighting modes to choose from.
You get 6 programmable macro keys to help you with key combos, remaps and for a powerful action-filled performance. There are dedicated multimedia keys for uninterrupted audio control while gaming.
You can deactivate the Windows key while playing so that you are not disturbed by the accidental key press. Read more about it here.
Corsair K55 has multi-key ghosting for accurate performance and to ensure that every keystroke is registered. It has the noise suppression mechanism for undistracted performance.
- 6 programmable macro keys for better control while gaming
- Backlight with preprogrammed modes for attractive looks as well as easy visibility in the dark
- Dedicated multimedia keys for easy audio control while gaming
- Windows key can be deactivated during gaming for uninterrupted performance
- Soft hand rest for prolonged gaming without discomfort
- Extremely low priced product in the category and for the features
- There are always some issues in some stray sets and lighting seems to be the one problem that might arise in a few units
"If you are looking for a mechanical gaming keyboard with backlight and low budget, this is the best product in the lot. It has got all the major features and is amazingly low priced."
CM Storm QuickFire TK comes with the Cherry MX RED switches with full led backlight. It is among the fastest mechanical keyboards that you will find in the market.
In terms of looks, it sports a humble design. Cherry MX RED switches allow accurate key logging and the unique Numpad design integrates navigation and command key into one block.
The mechanical keyboard has N-Key rollover through USB that allows you to register the wildest possible combos while gaming. [Read Review]
The backlight comes in 3 different modes, and the brightness can be adjusted to 5 levels. This allows you to perfectly program the lighting to suit your need.
- Cherry MX RED switches allows perfect key logging and is among the best mechanical key switches in the market
- N-Key rollover through USB allows you to successfully register even the most insane gaming combos without any issue
- Full LED backlight comes with 3 different modes and 5 different brightness levels to choose from
- 7 easy-access multimedia shortcut keys allows direct control via the keyboard
- The price is quite on the upper side as far as features available is concerned
- Compact navigation and command keys integrated into Numpad might not be suitable for all users
"This one is a decently good mechanical keyboard with no fussy design or too many features to get you confused. It is a good buy for regular gamers as well as those who have to type a lot within a very short period."
The K70 RAPIDFIRE is officially the fastest gaming keyboard Corsair has ever launched.
It is one of the best in business and has got amazing features that I am about to reveal. Let me tell you, as a gamer, if the budget permits, this is probably the best one that you can lay your hands on.
The keyboard features 100% Cherry MX Speed gaming key switches that have ultra-fast 1.2mm actuation and light 45g force.
The keyboard has 100% anti-ghosting full key rollover on USB. Not only you will have the fastest response time, but also no keystroke will ever be missed.
The external frame is made of aircraft grade anodized brush aluminum that ensures high durability.
You even have the option to completely customize every key’s backlight individually, and there are virtually unlimited customizations that you can make based on your game.
It has a soft hand rest attached and is detachable, in case if you are not a fan of this particular addition. Check out it's full review to know about it more.
- 100% Cherry MX Speed gaming key switches with ultra-fast 1.2mm actuation and light 45g force
- 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover on USB don’t allow any keystroke to go unregistered
- Fastest mechanical keyboard by Corsair in the market
- Completely customizable backlight for individual key with virtually unlimited customization allowed
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame for extra durability
- Dedicated multimedia control
- Soft wrist rest that can be detached
- Pass-through USB positioned for uninterrupted gaming and ready for mouse or wireless headset
- The only issue is the price, which is quite on the higher side unless you are getting some great discount
"If you are into serious gaming and looking for the keyboard that will be able to keep up with your gameplay, there can be no better partner than the Corsair K70 RAPIDFIRE gaming keyboard."
As a gamer, while we love the tactility that mechanical keyboards offer, it is also true that prolonged gaming can be quite tiring on the fingers.
If you wish to have the same tactical advantage of the mechanical keyboard with a membrane keyboard, your prayer has been answered.
The Razer Ornata Expert is the result of combining the best of both the mechanical keyboards as well as the membrane ones.
While the accuracy of the mechanical keyboard has been maintained, it comes with the soft feeling that some of us love in a membrane keyboard.
The backlight can be reprogrammed and adjusted as per need, and 10-key rollover allows you to register up to 10 commands at a single time.
Another difference you might notice as compared to many conventional mechanical keyboards is the mid-height cap.
This is to reduce the time it takes to register your keystroke and can be crucial in multi-player online gaming.
- Patent pending keyboard design that combines both mechanical and membrane keyboard features (Razer Mecha-Membrane)
- Mid-height keys allows you to register your keystrokes faster
- Backlit keys makes it easier to see even in the dark
- Individually programmable backlight allows you to change the color of the LED as per your need
- 10 key rollover allows you to register 10 commands at a time
- Cushioned hand rest at the base of the keyboard allows you to go on for hours without tiring your wrist
- In some keyboards mecha-membrane is faulty.
"The Razer Ornata is a great buy. It implements a cool concept of integrating membrane and mechanical features into one. At a price, this is certainly one of the best choices you have got."
While looking for the best cheap mechanical keyboard, we shouldn’t avoid the backlight feature no matter what the budget is.
The keyboard comes with 100% Cherry MX Key Switches with Gold contact, which is the best in business and offers the best response to all the available mechanical key technologies.
The 100% anti-ghosting feature with 104-key rollover on USB ensures that no matter how fast a gamer you are and how fast you are using the keyboard, every tap is registered.
Corsair STRAFE is programmable. Hence you can assign any function to any key as you like to make your gaming experience better.
The pass-through USB in the keyboard allows you to attach the mouse or use it for connecting your headset. It has multimedia keys, and the circuitry is built for the most demanding gaming challenge.
- 100% Cherry MX Key Switches with Gold contact offers superior advantage in competitive gaming
- 100% anti-ghosting feature with 104-key rollover on USB for zero missed keystrokes
- Backlit feature allows easy to use even in dark
- Pass-through USB port makes it easier to attach the mouse right next to the keyboard of have the headset attached with it
- Durable and enhanced circuitry can handle even the most rigorous gaming challenge
- Built-in multimedia control keys allows you to control the sound effortlessly
- QC is an issue with Corsair and so at times a faulty set is shipped, which will be replaced by the company though
- The Corsair Utility Engine isn’t an ideal software, and you might be better off using some other UE for extensive reprogramming of the keyboard
"As far as the price tag goes, this is one of the best mechanical keyboards under the $100 price range. This one is certainly a top choice."
Things to Consider before Buying Best Mechanical Keyboard under $100
There are things that you need to know and consider when you go ahead to select the best mechanical keyboard for your gaming experience.
1. Gaming style – This is the primary factor you need to consider.
Are you into FPS games? Then you will probably want high-quality keyboard and mouse too as you will be using some specific keys on the keyboard. This is pretty much taken care of by the mechanical keyboard.
Racing game players will put the most pressure on the keyboard itself, and you might want to have the number pad placed separately, and the cursor control keys placed such that they are easy to access and press.
MMO players need very fast response time as well as accuracy. Hence check out these factors while getting the keyboard. Make it suit your gaming style.
2. Backlight – Backlight is present in almost every gaming keyboard nowadays. You need to see if it serves a real purpose in case you play in the dark as well.
Check out the lighting mechanism and see if it is only lighting the edges of the keys or is illuminating the letters and numbers. If it is the latter, that is one of the best keyboards you have seen ever.
3. Pricing – Why are mechanical keyboards so expensive? We have all had this feeling ever since we tried getting the best mechanical keyboard.
Well, the spring mechanism for every key is a bit costlier as compared to the printed technology. The cost of mechanical keyboard forces us to reconsider some options. Hence this is one factor you need to check.
Now you know what to look for, let us find out the best cheap mechanical keyboard. I have focused on the budget mechanical keyboards to create this list of the best mechanical keyboard under $100.
There are plenty of mechanical keyboards available. However, even as a gamer, it is difficult to find the best one among the lot.
I have handpicked the best ones available in the market and have even provided links to the online listing.
Make sure you do not stray away from the pages as there are listings where multiple versions of the products are linked.
The above ones are the best ones among the lot, and you will enjoy an amazing gaming experience with these mechanical keyboards.