From being a recreational sport to a professional competition:
Bowling is one of the most popular activities of the current time.
It’s among the widely accepted clubbing activities across the world.
However, even as a leisurely sport there are many things to consider while bowling.
To the outsiders, it might look like a sport; where a person simply rolls a heavy ball to topple the pins at the far end of a lane, but there are strategies involved as well as skills while bowling.
If you are serious about bowling, you will probably want the best bowling ball to play with.
With a wide array of options, the choice becomes quite difficult.
This is the reason I have come up with this wonderful list of the best bowling balls that will allow you to make the right choice and get an advantage over your fellow players.
16 Best Bowling Ball For the Money
Are you a beginner in bowling and have been looking for the proper bowling ball to start with?
Then the Brunswick Rhino Bowling Ball will be a great pick.
It is ideal for beginners and has got the right balance of power and control that will help you get accustomed to the style of bowling.
It is a unique ball for those who are entering the reactive resin segment and want a ball for the lighter to medium oiling condition.
- R-16 formula offers easy length and backend hook motion and isn’t too sensitive to the oiled or the dry areas of the bowling lane.
- The balls have the proper balance between balance, control, and power.
- Multiple color variations are available.
- Multiple weight variations starting from 10lbs to 16lbs available.
- The price is quite a bit towards the upper side.
- It is not the ball for kids.
"This is a great bowling ball for those who are starting out bowling in clubs and have just entered the reactive resin segment. It offers great control and decent power."
If you are a bowling professional and use the heaviest bowling balls, this one is going to get you interested.
The Hammer Black Widow Assassin Bowling Ball is one of the meanest looking bowling balls available and is among the heaviest ones too. It has one of the best build qualities.
The ball isn’t for those who wish to have lighter variations. This is probably among the most expensive bowling balls you will encounter in the market.
Since this isn't a pre-drilled bowling ball, check here to know on how to drill a bowling ball.
- It has got high power and control.
- It comes with NBT solid cover stock.
- It has a really quick and excellent hook at the backend.
- The ball is proper for medium and light oiled lane and does an impressive job on the heavy oiled lane as well.
- Balls are not pre-drilled, and thus you get to drill it as per your finger placement.
- It has a gas mask core.
- The price is quite high, and probably among the highest, you will come across.
- There is no lighter variation available.
"Those who are sincere about bowling and are comfortable with the heavy balls, the Hammer Black Widow Assassin bowling ball is going to be among the best picks."
Whether your child is interested in bowling or you have just started out bowling at a later stage, whether you are a beginner or professional, the Pyramid Path Bowling Ball is for everyone.
There are numerous options available both regarding weight and color, and you get to choose the perfect positioning of the holes as well for your hand.
- This comes in wide range of weight starting from 6lbs up to 16lbs making it perfect for almost any age.
- It has polyester coverstock for the straight shots.
- It has multiple color variations.
- Some colors are backlight reactive.
- The balls are undrilled, and thus you will be able to drill it as per your finger positioning.
- It is quite cheap.
- The ball’s weight cannot be changed.
- You will need a professional to drill, and that will probably eat into what you save from the deal.
"This is a great ball even for those who go for cosmic balling, but you will have to make sure that you are picking the right color. Also, get the balls drilled by professionals only."
If you want a bowling ball that will work great on medium and heavy oiled surface, there is hardly anything that will beat the Ultimate Nirvana Bowling Ball from Brunswick.
It certainly is one of the most expensive bowling balls, but the stats do justice. The balls are available in the range of 12lbs and 16lbs.
The ball comes with single density rounded elliptical ultra-low RG core that is suited for different bowling actions by varying the drilling. The coverstock is ECS Hybrid and sports 4000-grit Siaair Micro Pad finish.
- The bowling ball is suited for professionals, and the core allows various actions as per drilling variations.
- The ball isn’t pre-drilled and can be prepared based on player’s preferences.
- It is highly accurate and effective on medium and heavy oiled surface.
- The ball isn’t too good on the dry surface.
"Ultimate Nirvana can be your regular main bowling ball and increase your score quite rapidly. However, it is for serious players and is quite costly."
The Ebonite Maxim Bowling Ball is a great pick for those who are not willing to shell out a fortune and want a decent bowling ball within their budget.
This one has an appealing color and offers good control as well as power.
The high gloss finish not just makes it look attractive, but it also ensures that the ball rolls well in the lane.
- Triple core available in the ball.
- High gloss finish makes it look great and attractive.
- This is among the cheapest bowling balls in the market.
- Multiple weight variations are available between 8lbs and 13lbs.
- The polyester cover stock is included for easy storage and carry.
"This is a great bowling ball for the ones who are looking to get something good for the money. It might not have color variations, but the ball has a cool color itself."
Not all of us look for exotic designs while selecting a bowling ball. When performance matters the Storm Code Black Bowling Ball is quite the unique choice.
It is a bit costly but meant for serious players mostly. It comes in 12lb s to 16lbs weight variations and has an RAD4 core in all the balls.
The coverstock is R25 pearl reactive, and the ball has 1500-grit polished finish. The RG is 2.50 (calculated based on #15 ball).
- It is a professional bowling ball meant for sincere players.
- It isn’t pre-drilled, and you will have to go to pro shop for drilling.
- The ball is extremely aggressive on medium oil lanes.
- You will not get any weight less than 12lbs, and this can be a deterrent for the ones who use 10lbs or 11lbs professionally.
"Storm Code Black is a no-nonsense professional bowling ball without much design. It is the ideal bowling ball that does not charge high for designs."
When you are looking for something professional and high quality, it will come at a higher price. Storm The Lock Bowling Ball is another one of the most expensive bowling balls available in the market.
It is of high grade but no child's play. This one is meant for professionals and serious bowling enthusiasts.
The weight varies between 12lbs and 16lbs, and thus it is not meant for the lightweight bowling either.
- Great control and amazing pin action.
- Not drilled and hence can be drilled as per the player’s needs.
- Strong and aggressive bowling action.
- Perfect for all types of bowling lanes.
- The price is quite high.
- It does not have color variations.
"If you are a professional or take bowling seriously, this is one bowling ball that you must have. It works like a charm for high speed and gives great control as well."
After being in the market for over 40 years now, White Dot Bowling Balls can easily be said to be the most popular bowling balls available at present.
The White Dot products are loved by children, leisure players as well as professionals. The balls are quite easy to affordable.
This one is available from 6lbs to 16lbs weight variations and can be easily used by any person.
- Extremely budget friendly.
- Among the most trusted bowling balls in the market.
- It can be used by children as well as professionals since the weight variations available are from 6lbs to 16lbs.
- Perfect for those who do not like their spare ball to have a hook as this one will go straight without any hook.
- There is no other color variation available.
"Whether you are a beginner or a professional, the White Dot is one of the most trusted and most affordable bowling balls available in the market. It is within your budget and a definite keeper for any bowling enthusiast."
If you have been looking for a primary strike ball that isn’t a plastic ball without really shooting your budget, the Ebonite Cyclone Bowling Ball is quite the right pick.
It is made of solid reactive coverstock with GB 10.7. Yes, the Game Breaker quality and features are back that you have been searching for.
You will find it in weight variants between 10lbs and 16lbs, which is a decent range for adult bowling players. The same cyclone core is present in all of them.
- Solid reactive GB 10.7 coverstock, the Game Breaker motion is back.
- Great design and build quality.
- Cyclone Core in all the balls.
- Weight range between 10lbs and 16lbs which are perfect for adult bowling players.
- Price can be a bit of a problem for some as this isn’t the cheapest bowling balls around.
"The Ebonite Cyclone bowling ball gives you the epic Game Breaker motion yet again. It is an appropriate buy for serious players."
The answer to the question, who makes the best bowling balls, is often Brunswick.
The brand is among the most trusted ones among regular bowling enthusiasts. And, here we are, with another Brunswick product.
The TZone Green Envy is one of the finest plastic bowling balls that you can lay your hands on, and this is excellent for those ten pins.
The ball comes with a polyester coverstock and has a high gloss finish. The green and black color make it look cool and even cooler as it glows under the black light.
The Max RG is 2.71G, and the Min is 2.69G with an RG average of 8.7 and differential of 0.019. The Hook Potential is 25 and Breakpoint Shape is 30.
The ball is available from 6lbs to 16lbs and is perfect for both kids and professionals.
- Exceptional design.
- Not pre-drilled so you get your customized drilling done.
- Affordably priced.
- High accuracy gives the high game.
- The material is plastic, the only downside to the product.
"Style and accuracy easily mix with each other in the TZone Green Envy bowling ball. Make sure you have it for your spares or for making those terrible ten pin leaves."
TZone Hot Lava Bowling Ball is yet another from the extremely popular Brunswick brand.
This one comes with polyester coverstock and high gloss finish.
The ball is available between 9lbs and 16lbs weight range and can be used by both beginners and professionals. This ball will not hook.
The price is pretty decent and affordable. Moreover, the ball glows under the dark light.
- Cool design and color with glowing effect under dark light.
- It is not pre-drilled and can be custom drilled as per hand size of the player.
- Affordably priced and within general budget.
- Enough weight options available for any adult to select from.
- Use of too much force can crack the ball.
"This is a decent ball within the budget that can be used by any person interested in enjoying bowling at an arena."
As a professional, you will love the Columbia 300 Nitrous Bowling Ball.
It is designed for performance hooking on the light and medium oil surface. The coverstock is reactive resin and had a polished glossy finish.
The ball comes in quite a few color variants. The weight variation is between 10lbs and 16lbs, which is decent for any adult player.
- Nitrous core in all the models and weight variations available.
- Performance hooking allows professionals to better control the ball and score higher.
- It is not pre-drilled and thus can be drilled as per player’s preference.
- The price is a bit high, something that only serious players will consider paying for.
"The Columbia 300 Nitrous bowling ball is made keeping in mind the needs of the professionals. The ball is a good buy for those who take bowling seriously. Performance hooking will give a much strategic advantage."
Ebonite Maxim is among the top rated bowling balls available in the polyester/plastic segment.
The ball comes with 3 piece core and is the superb choice for those who enjoy bowling as a recreation or are at the amateur stage.
- The ball has no hook and is best for beginners and those who enjoy the game for recreation.
- The price is among the most affordable ones.
- Weight variation is from 6lbs to 15lbs with both even and odd weights available except the 7lbs weight.
- The ball isn‘t pre-drilled, and you get the drilling done as per player’s fit from a pro shop.
- There are no other color variations available.
"If you were looking for a great plastic or polyester ball with odd weights available as well, this is the best pick. It is perfect for amateurs and recreational players."
The ball does hook but is quite controllable. It has got the 3000-grit polished finish and can be used on low to medium oiled tracks with high accuracy.
The weight variations range from 6lb to 16lb, and there are color choices as well.
- The hook is controllable.
- The 3000-grit polished finish makes it perfect for low to medium oiled tracks.
- It has got a low reaction and hence better control.
- The price is quite affordable.
- It is not drilled and can be drilled as per the player’s preferences and style.
- The ball isn’t good for heavy oiled condition and can give trouble in medium oil too.
"This is a great ball for beginners as well as professionals. The controlled reaction and hook make it perfect strike ball."
This 3lbs plastic rubberized bowling ball is completely safe for both kids and adults.
It is the best thing you can get for your home/class/gym or any other indoor area where kids and adults can enjoy bowling as a leisure activity.
The lightweight but fully round ball is quite forgiving on backyard as well and helps develop bowling skills.
The finger holes are large enough to allow kids and adults to play with the same ball without modification.
- It is perfect training bowling ball.
- Safe for indoor conditions and to be used by kids.
- Great gripping holes are suitable for both kids and adults.
- Bright color adds to the experience.
- Roto molded seamless and perfect round shape.
- The price is a tad high for a ball that isn’t meant for any professional purpose.
"If you wanted the perfect bowling ball for the junior set and to set up bowling arena in your backyard or home, this is the unique bowling ball for you and your kids."
Looking to have a bowling party at home or simply want to enjoy bowling at home, may be with your kids?
You have got to the perfect product.
Sportime UltraFoam Weighted Bowling Ball lets you enjoy the thrill and fun of bowling without causing any damage to your home, furniture or other property.
UltraFoam is hard enough and weighs just 1lb making it a decent bowling ball that can be used with the junior set.
The size is about 2/3 of the original bowling ball size, and there are two sets of holes to accommodate a small hand and a large hand.
- It is perfect for bowling action at home.
- Made of UltraFoam that is almost indestructible and makes a good bowling ball for the junior set.
- Perfect for small kids who can have bowling action at home.
- Quite cheap and affordable.
- It is not meant for use in the bowling alley and not a real bowling ball.
"This one is essentially for those who wish to have some bowling action at home with junior bowling sets or may be homemade pins using bottles. This will not damage anything and is fun to play with."
What should you Consider before Buying the Best Bowling Ball for the Money?
Let us first find out what we need to know about the bowling balls before deciding on the right one for us.
- Get the Weight Right: It is important that you choose the bowling ball with the right weight.
The heaviest bowling ball will not always be the right choice, and neither will be the lightest one.
In general, men use between 14 to 16 pounds bowling balls while women start from 10 pounds and up. But this is no gender bias, and you will have to decide based on your strength and stamina, ego will not get you accuracy.
Hence go for the ball that you can control and maintain accuracy with and also that will not wear out your bowling arm.
- Get your Style Right: There are wide hooking balls, and there are bowling balls which don't have high hooking power.
Wide hooking balls need more power and higher backswing. If you are the one with a lower backswing and cannot put too much power into bowling, the perfect bowling ball is the one with a lower hooking power. Technically this is known as ‘flare’.
You will have to check the ‘differential of RG’ or it can be mentioned as simply ‘differential’ to know the rating.
It starts with 0.00 which is for a plastic bowling ball without any specialized core and can be as high as 0.060 which will be considered as a high flare.
- Get your Budget Fixed: The most expensive bowling balls can be well over your budget, and you might not be ready to shell out as much.
Hence it is important that you have a proper budget ready when you start shopping for the bowling ball.
Bowling balls come in all shapes, sizes, and variations. There can never be one perfect ball for every player.
You will have to check out the available options and decide which one suits your bowling style perfectly.
Mixing up multiple bowling balls to take out pins on different locations and for different surfaces is the right way to ensure a better score.
If you are a recreational player, you will do good to concentrate on the medium price options to get better stability and longevity.
In the end, it is your call and your personal preferences that decide the best ball for you.